Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
Project said:
Sorry, I was referring to the base model 12", which doesnt have a superdrive. I would remove the 12" combo model, and move the 12" SD down to the combos price, and then move each model down one where there would be a gap. That would create a much tighter line of PowerBooks that are way more price competitive.

Exactly. This is what I would like to see as well.

brepublican

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2005
NY
supafly1703 said:
Since when do Mighty Mice come free with Powerbooks?
Exactly! I've had my Powerbook for exactly one week and one day and they never gave me a Mighty Mouse to go with it... Are you buying from Apple?

What gives?

Mac Me Up

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2005
Australia
brepublican said:
Exactly! I've had my Powerbook for exactly one week and one day and they never gave me a Mighty Mouse to go with it... Are you buying from Apple?

What gives?

No there's an apple reseller called 'NextByte' here in Australia (or South Australia at least) that was doing it as a promotion. Apple themselves weren't. I bought from a different store though (http://www.zerothree.com.au, in Victoria), so I didn't get a mighty mouse, but I did get AUD$200 off, so that seemed like a better deal :)

Should be here tomorrow or the day after... :D

paperinacup

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2005
Project said:
Sorry, I was referring to the base model 12", which doesnt have a superdrive. I would remove the 12" combo model, and move the 12" SD down to the combos price, and then move each model down one where there would be a gap. That would create a much tighter line of PowerBooks that are way more price competitive.

I understand now and I totally agree.

i4k20c

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2005
Yah-

I mean speed bumps would be nice, but it doesn't have to be that if they can't do it. I would love to see even maybe a 1.6 or something and a 1.75 idk how that works, but even if there were no speed bumps, they could have 512 built in (on par with ibook), than throw in a 256 to bring it up to the 768 (step ahead of ibook), they could have maybe a 100gig hardrive (this maybe going overboard tho... :p ) at the very least, it'd be nice if they can throw in the backlit keyboard for the 12inch, reduce the price by a 100-200 (i guess getting rid of the combo would do this..) and maybe work on the graphics card, and bam.. got a laptop that is still competitive imo, deffinetly makes the gap between the ibook and pb nicer!

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
i was about to buy a 17" last night. standing in the apple store, i had the cash in hand. the only thing that stopped me was the fact that my brain said "must...wait...until...after...paris...expo"

after this tuesday, i will probably go get my 17" and call it a day. i may keep it in the box until the tuesday of next week, but if no new powerbooks are announced this week, chances are, there will be no new powerbooks for the rest of the year.

Euan

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2005
UK
Project said:
Yep, excellent idea.

mongoos150

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2005
drake said:
Hey, eventually I'll get OS X on it :p That will be a screaming machine!! :D

I hope not...lol I sincerely hope Apple can somehow commercially limit OS X to their own hardware. The thought of OS X running on beige boxes around the world sickens me...sure, more exposure and sales for Apple, but it brings the whole Macintosh experience level down about ten notches.

Euan

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2005
UK
Mac Me Up said:
Well ladies and gentleman, I'm off to buy one now :D

12" inch powerbook, with superdrive...it comes with a free mighty mouse as well. Not that I like the mouse (you mean I have to lift my left finger off the mouse to make a right-click *meh*), but free is free!

When I said it was a bit old, it's true. I'm just being objective. Truth be told though it doesn't really make me want it any less.

In about an hours time, I'll be a true switcher :cool:
Congratulations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.