No pre-order... Where to buy? Sprint/BB

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bjb.butler, Oct 9, 2011.

1. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

Thankfully, I get out of class early enough as to where I can make it to either Best Buy or Sprint before they open (10am). It's completely a toss-up as to which I'm going to. If it makes any difference, I plan on getting the 16gb black, but if that's sold out, I'll settle for the white. Suggestions?

2. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Unless you have a special case (like I do), I'd go to the Apple Store. Historically they tend to get the biggest shipments.

But then again more people'll go there than go to Sprint or Best Buy, so it's still a gamble.

3. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

My guess is that going to an Apple Store is not a viable option given his original question.

4. bjb.butler thread starter macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

Yeah, it's only between BB and Sprint. The apple store is pretty far, and given my schedule, I wouldn't be able to make it there til late evening, which I believe will be far too late.

That's why I'm placing my bet on getting it from one of the above once they open.

5. steve dave macrumors 6502a

I would do the Sprint store. With all the hoopla and confusion over Best Buy's preorders, I wouldn't trust that they are going to have any available. The Sprint store should have stock just for walk-ins since their preorders were all done online for home shipment, so any stock they will be available first come first serve.

6. Millionin20s macrumors regular

Sprint will have more iPhones on hand than a Best Buy would on launch day. The order of priority pretty much goes Apple Store ---> Carrier store ---> 3rd party stores ---> Non corporate carrier affiliates.

7. bjb.butler thread starter macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

Okay, thanks everyone. Looks like I'm going to Sprint.

Wish me luck!

8. ma1234 macrumors newbie

Sprint stores are opening at 8am on launch day. Also, select stores are taking names for waiting lists if you are a current customer.

9. bjb.butler, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011

bjb.butler thread starter macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

Eeeek!

I can't get there until 10.. am I screwed?

10. pirarre macrumors 6502

Bestbuy has changed their preorder policy. At first they were giving priority to walk-ins over people that have preordered the iphone 4s. However, today, they reveresed that policy, thus giving priority to the people who preordered the phone. Which is the way it shouldve been to begin with. Nevertheless, I have confirmed this with the Bestbuy mobile where I have my iphone preordered.

If I were you, I would go to Bestbuy, ask them about if walk-ins is given priority or people who preordered. Also ask them how many preorders they have for the sprint version of the specific iphone you want to preorder. If they say, people who preordered, then I would go ahead and preorder with them.

11. steve dave macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't be optimistic... but what other choice do you have?

12. jttran241 macrumors member

ill be waiting in line at best buy and i went to talk to a rep today and she informed me that they have no idea how many iphones they will get until that morning. not only that, they dont know how many sprint, verizon, or at&t versions they will get, if they are black or white, or how many gb's they will be. This worries me in that im looking for a 32gb white at&t version but who knows how many of those they will get or if they will get any. As of right now, it looks like I need to get in line EARLY if i want a chance to get the model that i desire.

13. bjb.butler thread starter macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

Hmm...

I honestly have *no* idea how fast these things will sell. The 3GS sold like hotcakes, yet people on here claimed to walk into an apple store at 6pm that evening and walk out without hassle... Oh well, I guess I'll see come friday.