iPhone 11 No pre-sign for delivery?

OCS12

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2012
Sheboygan, WI USA
On the My Choice app, click on the item you’re tracking, then scroll down. In the settings, you should see the shipment release option.

EDIT: sorry, had to delete the image. I just realized it had all my info still showing! :confused: I'll edit it and reattach it.

cmaier

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
California
Mine is showing a sign now button. Are you signed into UPS My Choice?
I am. Where are you seeing the sign now button?

Update: no, doesn’t seem like i can pre-sign because apple specifies adult signature required.

In every prior year you could pre-sign on apple’s website by printing a form and sticking it on your door, but this year there doesn‘t appear to be such an option

Greyhulk

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2019
I’m not seeing any option to pre-sign either. Not from UPS Mychoice and not from Apple order status. My Apple Watch 5 did not require a signature, just my iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Very frustrating. I have a feeling they’re going to have a lot of undelivered iPhones this year. If I had known they were going to do this, I would have shipped it to my girlfriend’s work.

Greyhulk

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2019
I would. That way, the 5 minutes you’re in the bathroom or on the other side of the house, you won’t miss the delivery.

Reactions: gatortpk

Petey-ed

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2009
I signed for both of ours, however I click on the tracking links now and it doesn't show that I pre-signed. I wonder if UPS removed the pre-sign feature for these this morning?

Waterman316

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2018
In the past, I have just taped a note to my door that said "ups, please leave package at door" and signed it, and included the tracking number. They always left it.

Greyhulk

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2019
I'd rather get my stuff late than never (stolen).
I live in a nice suburb and have a Nest doorbell and cameras. I’ve never had anything stolen. I’d rather not drive to UPS in rush hour traffic and stand in line for 30 minutes to pick up something that should have been waiting for me when I got home.

Last edited:

noobinator

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
Pasadena, CA
You guys picking it up a a UPS hub, how's your wait? I did this once but it was pure chaos. Like 50 people waiting and the UPS employees were very slow and grumpy and also seemed annoyed at all of us. Maybe it's because I live in such a populated area?

Greyhulk

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2019
You guys picking it up a a UPS hub, how's your wait? I did this once but it was pure chaos. Like 50 people waiting and the UPS employees were very slow and grumpy and also seemed annoyed at all of us. Maybe it's because I live in such a populated area?
I have never seen a short wait at either UPS or Fedex.

Seth Matthews

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2015
The Ether
Geez. It is super quick and easy at mine. I am usually the only one there for an iPhone. I have been doing this for years and each year there are about 8 people there waiting when I arrive. All of them are there to either drop off a package or pick one up. Never a phone. Just me. I am in and out by 8:15.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Sweet. This way the driver or someone following the driver or someone cruising the neighborhood can take your phones and you have zero repercussions!!! The thieves appreciate your participation.

Cruciarius

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2013
Massachusetts
So mine of course is also arriving Friday (20th) & I thought I was all set, since my dad is retired. Figured he'd be home. However, he's gone to bed after informing me he'll be leaving here at noon, to go visit some family. I'll be at work until 1 and then intend to see a movie. UPS tracking oddly enough specifies it'll be delivered at 3pm. Not by 3pm, at 3pm. I've left a note on the door before for a previous phone & it worked fine. I found a 2017 article on here for UPS pre-signature form, which I think I'll print out & use. Can't find that form anywhere on Apple or UPS site.

That said, a co-worker is also getting himself and his wife the new iPhone. He spent a lot of time at work today contacting UPS and Apple. Apple was able to email him a form to post on the door for pre-signatures.