Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jliew08

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2011
Placed my order through verizon for an iPhone 6. My phone is in transit from Memphis scheduled for delivery tomorrow by 8pm via Fedex. Originally said by 3:30. I will be in and out of the house tomorrow working so I would like to be able to pre-sign for the delivery.

I asked verizon after my pre-order that night if I would be able to pre-sign for my package. They told me that would have to be done through the carrier. So I try to customize my delivery on Fedex.com and the pre-sign option is in gray so that it is not an option. I contacted fedex and they said it was by request of the shipper that it not be pre-signed for.

Anyone know of a way I can get it pre-signed for delivery?

SnkBtn

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2011
Gardendale, AL
Look at your tracking information - does it say indirect signature? If it does, you can leave a signed note WITH your tracking number asking the driver to leave the package. :D

jliew08

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2011
It definitely says indirect. found a link with a fedex pre-shipment form. Will that work?

Resqu2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
It definitely says indirect. found a link with a fedex pre-shipment form. Will that work?

Where does yours say that at? My Verz email with the tracking number says sig required, on fedex site with all the shipping activate it doesn't say anything either way about signature? Im going to do the form at the bottom of this page and hope for the best. Fedex is well over an hour away if I miss the delivery and if they don't take the form I'm not going to be happy.

Whtchdr

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2013
Where does yours say that at? My Verz email with the tracking number says sig required, on fedex site with all the shipping activate it doesn't say anything either way about signature? Im going to do the form at the bottom of this page and hope for the best. Fedex is well over an hour away if I miss the delivery and if they don't take the form I'm not going to be happy.

Any time I've ordered a phone from Verizon that is shipped Fedex, they require you to sign for it. Indirect won't work. I've just gone to picking up in store because of the hassle of having to wait around all day for the delivery person.

jcoop269

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2015
Any time I've ordered a phone from Verizon that is shipped Fedex, they require you to sign for it. Indirect won't work. I've just gone to picking up in store because of the hassle of having to wait around all day for the delivery person.

That is incorrect. I have been a Verizon customer for 15 years and they have ALWAYS used FedEx and have ALWAYS used Indirect Signature service...I have ordered so many phones over the years and it has been indirect every single time....there's gotta be a reason it shows this on the FedEx tracking page each time too. If it was direct signature, that is what it would say.

Matth3w

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2008
I just ordered the 6s Plus, got my tracking number, which says "indirect" required. Last time I tried this, I googled and got a slightly different form, and the FedEx guy/gal ignored it and left a slip. I live in a private, military, gated w/guard community and in a house. I leave all my cars unlocked and whatnot here, with no issues. In addition, I even left a typed note, and a printout of the tracking information. So they had the one form, a note, and the tracking info, and just left them on the door and stuck the door tag right under them.

The website I found linked to this form:

http://www.fedex.com/downloads/my/forms/signaturerelease.pdf

So granted the form was slightly different. I'm gonna try the form linked to in post #4 this time to see if there's a difference. I'm also going to include the form I linked above.

It really irritates me when companies do this. I understand why, but if you leave a damn note, leave the damn package. Don't people have jobs?! Who can afford to sit around all day and miss work for these things?

uwdude

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2014
I am so glad that my phone carrier uses UPS. I absolutely hate FedEx. They straight up refuse to deliver to my residence, always claiming they can't find it/incorrect address. UPS finds it from my address, the post office finds it- I've called FedEx before and left turn by turn instructions even on how to find it. I live in a condo complex in a residential neighborhood, it's not like I live in the wilds of Idaho or something. They just flat out refuse to deliver here. I end up having to pick up every package with them at their main office in Tampa. This seems unacceptable for a national mail carrier to do, so I'm thinking my last recourse is to file some kind of formal complaint with possibly a federal agency? Is there such an agency that regulates mail carriers, or are they allowed to just refuse like that?

uwdude

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2014
Well it's sad that they can do that then, because it's kind of a basic service that you don't always get a choice in using. Like for instance with this last Amazon order where they used them but I didn't know until it had shipped.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.