No preview on iPhone but on watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bronksy, Oct 3, 2015.

1. bronksy macrumors 6502

bronksy

I don't like previews of IMs coming up on my phone screen for privacy reasons when I'm in meeting etc. So I have the notifications turned on in my iPhone but not to show previews on the lock screen.
    Is there a way to have it set like this but to show the message on my watch.
    I think this may just be Facebook messenger. It's a bit annoying.

R

2. yillbs macrumors 6502

yillbs

Well you didn't say which app it was, but you mentioned facebook messenger. Their is nothing native that does this, however, if you go into the iphone watch app, click on the notifications, then find the app in question, set the toggle to custom, and see if their is a way to do it. If it's not their, then it doesn't exist.

3. bronksy thread starter macrumors 6502

bronksy

Is it not the same for all apps?
    I have lock screen previews switched off for all notifications on my iPhone.

4. BlueMoon63, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015

BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

I think I misunderstood at first. You have the phone set to notify but leave out the details. You want the watch to notify and have the details - right? You can mirror the phone or setup custom and that doesn't give the detail you want. So basically what he said. :)

5. yillbs macrumors 6502

yillbs

^^^^ The watch allows you to set custom notifications ( for SOME apps ) , go into the watch application on your iphone, and select the app, then you will see the notification options available, but again, this is only available to some apps.