No price protection;

Discussion in 'iMac' started by sille, Apr 29, 2008.

1. sille macrumors newbie

Bought my refurbed imac on 3/29/08. Apple price protection policy is 14 days from receipt. They will not budge. I love the imac but would love it more if they would at least give a coupon or something.

2. D4F Guest

D4F

Call them and talk nicely.
    They replaced my Macbook exactly a month from my date of purchase so I could get the SR one. I did pay the restocking fee but it was well worth it.

Just be nice.:)

3. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

I bought mine on March 3, should I get a refund or "coupon" too? Give it a rest dude. You ordered a month ago. Just enjoy what you have instead of thinking Apple owes you something.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Agreed.

5. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

While I think you should call without expectations of generosity, politely talk with them about how you love Apple products, only buy theirs and really would rather have the positive experience of a new product that was released less than 30 days later.

Be friendly!

6. mhnajjar macrumors 6502a

mhnajjar

Apple is the best in such things.

I got my 2.8 iMac on April 3rd and I was able to replace it with a new 3.06 one without even paying the restocking fees. To my surprise, they gave me a refund of $54 :cool:

7. aethelbert macrumors 601

The return policy is two weeks. That's very clearly stated. Some employees may make exceptions, but you've got to accept the fact that you don't deserve an upgrade or refund despite the results of others.

8. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Well, banging the store manager in the back room might also help. :p

Go ahead, sell yourself cheap (well for a 10% restocking fee). :eek:

9. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

you agreed to what you payed for. get over it and move on

10. doug123mr macrumors newbie

Ask for the money

I've run into a number of these threads infested with "stop whining" advice and am mystified by them. What is this obsession with legal rights? Personally, I have an ongoing business relationship with Apple and see no problem with asking for a break.

This afternoon I dropped by the neighborhood Apple Store and asked about the iMac I bought a few weeks ago, which went on clearance a week later for $200 less. My research showed that techinically I had to request price protection within two weeks of the price change (which itself must be within two weeks of the purchase). However they were very very nice and gave me $200 (more than 10%) back.

So I earned $200 in 5 minutes. (A year ago I asked for an adjustment on an iPod THREE MONTHS after the purchase and they kindly gave it to me. $20 for a 10-minute phone call. I would have accepted refusal.) How much are the scolds here making an hour?

Remember: Apple's primary mission is to make money, ane here it told a 30-year customer that he is important to them; he shouldn't he penalized for buying five days to early. Hey, he shouldn't hesitate to buy. As a stockholder I am pleased, I think they will make more money this way (would Microsoft be so wise?).

And I know this customer is very likely to tell others of this experience, which will show up in who-knows-how-many Google searches. Ah -- he just did. And I bet you're here because of a search. It never hurts to ask, and a devoted customer is money in the bank.

11. chairguru22 macrumors 6502a

There IS price protection. It's within 14 days of purchase and then within 14 days to claim it. I hate to say it but unfortunately, such is the way of technology.

A month is well outside this policy so a pretty generous exception would have to be granted. Try asking a nice manager and you may get lucky.