No printer drivers; need help ASAP

Discussion in 'macOS' started by GFLPraxis, Jul 2, 2007.

1. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Mom's flying out of town tomorrow and I want to get this working with her laptop.

She's got an Epson PictureMate 240, a portable printer. I cannot get this thing working. I've googled and downloaded the drivers off of Epson's entirely unhelpful website that claimed to be the Intel drivers (although annoyingly the attached PDF claimed they were not the Intel drivers; Epson's site always has problems like this when I use it. Argh).

I install the drivers, but the printer list never changes. The MacBook Pro detects the PictureMate 240, but if I go under Epson, I can never find an Epsom PM-240 or PictureMate 240; the closest I can get is a PM-700 and that doesn't work.

Please help! She's leaving soon. I support Windows for a living and use Macs all over the place at home and mess in Terminal so I'm very proficient if anyone can give me instructions, just give me a suggestion on what to do!

2. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Is there a way to tell OS X to look for new printer drivers? I have installed the appropriate driver, but there is no change
    EDIT: Please, anyone. I need help.

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

For your information, Epson has traditionally been somewhat odd in its driver support for MacOS X. Apple provided drivers for Epson printers--either preinstalled or as a special installation of the MacOS X or System Restore disc. Unlike other manufacturers, Epson did not post them on its own website. I know nothing about your printer. I will, however, give you this bit of advice: Carefully browse the printer list in Printer Setup Utility. Even when your printer is listed, its name may be listed differently from what you expect.

4. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

I always thought the Epson PictureMate 240 was for printing photographs only and from printing them off from a memory card.

We sell this at work and I never realised it had PC connectivity.