No probs with SL upgrade

Discussion in 'macOS' started by zuma022, Aug 29, 2009.

1. zuma022 macrumors regular

I thought others might be in a similar situation as me and want to read something positive. :)
    I bought the SL yesterday and then came to MR to see how people were faring. Not too well it seemed and so I did a full superduper backup and was considering to wait with the upgrade until Apple released an update to deal with all the problems people were having. But then I went ahead anyway... so much for my willpower.

I decided to upgrade and not do a clean install. It took about 50 minutes or so, the first boot up was slow, but once it loaded everything worked and all the preferences were the same, including an activated firewall, icons, dock, geektool, growl, everything just as I left it.
    I knew CS2 wasn't supported so I left the install CD in the drive, clicked to open PS and it asked if I wanted to install Rosetta to load CS2, took all of a 30seconds and CS2 is running flawlessly.
    Everything seems to be a tad faster and I had no problems. Just waiting for iStat to release v2 and I'll be all set.

2. macseven77 macrumors newbie

macseven77

No issues with SL upgrade...

I agree, I did an upgrade (not a clean install) on Friday night and I haven't had one issue. Mail I have noticed is much faster and I really like the signal strength meter for Airport.

My shutdown is really fast too (while I think start up is about the same). There are many small things that I have noticed and liked. I think people are just use to seeing a lot of changes and pretty much all were "under the hood" but I love it.

I will say the only thing I have noticed is when watching movie trailers using the 9600 graphics card it loads very slowly, but if I switch to the 9400, no issues. I think that is weird but not really much of an issue.

3. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I'm in the same boat. I did a clean install, and I have yet to see any major problems. In fact, it seems to be running WAY better than Leopard ever did. This definitely doesn't feel to me like .0 software.