No push email after 4.3.3 JB w/ Pwnage

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by BGowland, Jul 7, 2011.

1. BGowland macrumors newbie

IP4. 4.3.3 JB with Pwnage. Jailbreak, setup phone, everythings ok, then mail stops being pushed. Then I cannot delete emails. I just reloaded because of this and battery drain (which was my winterboard theme) and everything was fine for 2 days, now push email is not working and cannot delete messages again. 2 Exchange accounts and 1 gmail (setup as exchange).

If I open the mail app the email will come in. when I click edit, and choose messages to delete, the selections get cleared after about 1 second. If I am really quick and hit delete they go away then I get the error the mail cannot be moved to trash.

Here is what I installed: folderenhancer, remidmelater, camerabuttons, cleanstatus,datadeposit,five icon dock, landscape lock rotation, manual correct, markthatmessage, mobileterminal, openssh.

These are basically the same apps I installed each time. I have uninstalled mailenhancer and rebooted but its still the same. I have tried removing account, rebooting and adding again but it is still the same.

The strangest thing is everything is fine for the first while, then it just stops. For example, it was fine this morning at 6am. Now at 9am it is not working.

Argg!!

2. BGowland thread starter macrumors newbie

OK, I am restoring from the FW Pwnage created. I will try things one step at a time and take it slow.

I will post back one I find out what it is.

Bill

3. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Did your custom firmware "hactivate" your phone? I've never used it on a primary device, but I've heard that it can cause issues with the push notifs.

4. BGowland thread starter macrumors newbie

No "hacktivation".. It was so strange. I ended up getting into a recovery loop. Finally got it JB'd again with Pwnage, left the office, and realized I had no cellular data! WTF?

Got home, put default 4.3.3 on it, went to jailbreakme.com and bam, all good.

I haven't installed Mailenhancer yet, but will try at some time. All other apps are installed.

All's well so far. No winterboard, no battery drain, lots of free RAM. Looking ood. I love the added functionality.