NO PUSH MAIL in iCLOUD says Apple Rep

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by insocal, Oct 18, 2011.

1. insocal macrumors regular

I switched TWO MobileMe accounts over to iCloud. Hadn't been receiving any mail via PUSH on the iPhone. Am chatting with a Rep right now who said that PUSH MAIL is not in iCloud! What?! I'd have never switched over from MobileMe had I known this...at least not until it expired in June.

Has anyone else heard this? Really unfortunate news if the Rep is correct.

From the Chat:
    "Unfortunately, there is not a push setting in iCloud."
    "Not sure why they changed this setting. I can direct you to the Apple feedback page. We place a high priority on customer feedback here at Apple, and our products and services evolve as a direct result of it. You would be able to leave feedback on MobileMe here, whether it be positive or negative. http://www.apple.com/feedback/mobileme.html"

I'm really hoping she's wrong...

2. svkrzn macrumors regular

And how to you thing you recieve emails, calendars and reminders if there is no push?

3. insocal, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011

insocal thread starter macrumors regular

I'm getting MAIL. It's just not coming instantly. It only comes when the MAIL app is open. Calendar events and Contacts SYNC and change on all devices which is great. And yes, MAIL messages appear on all devices but the MAIL doesn't arrive unless the app is actually opened up.
    In the past, it used to come automatically...and unfortunately, the Rep is saying once you switch to iCloud you can't go back to MobileMe.
    I had iOS 5 when it was in BETA and mail pushed fine...once moved to iCloud is when it stopped arriving 'instantly'....

4. Simon86 macrumors member

The Apple website explicitly says "iCloud automatically pushes new email messages to all your devices, so your inbox is up to date everywhere you check it."

I'm hoping that the issues we're having are just roll-out issues, or a bug that will be fixed soon.

5. steviem macrumors 68020

steviem

My iCloud email is pushed to me constantly. Keep getting banners coming up.

6. steviem macrumors 68020

steviem

In iOS 5, push or fetch is set in the mail, contacts, calendars main menu is settings. You don't have individual push settings for each service.

Attached Files:

7. iammike1 macrumors 6502a

iammike1

Proof that even Apple has some idiots on the payroll.