No Push / No saved App-Data / broken lockscreen after jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by DaRealElvis, Dec 29, 2011.

1. DaRealElvis macrumors member

Hi,

I am quite new to the whole jailbreak scene and I applogize if this questions where asked and answered many times. But it would help me a lot, if someone could help me really quick:

1. Most annoyingly I lost all my saved data from apps. I have no more Messages in whatsapp or SMS, I lost all pictures taken in the "every day" App for example, etc. I did make a backup before jailbreaking!!! I think the problem is that I didnt immediately backup after installing ios 5.01 (I was on IOS 4.2.something). I updated to 5.01 and immediately put on the jailbreak (without applying the backup first). Now I have to backups in Itunes for my phone, but both are dated AFTER the jailbreak and after I have the "corrupted" backup. It is really difficult for me to describe what I mean :p
    Any chance to get my old messages, etc. back? :( :(

2. Shouldnt be the camera Icon and the NotificationCenter on my Lockscreen all the time? My lockscreen just looks like before and just sometimes there is this camera icon next to the "slide to unlock" field. Is this normal? How can I fix it?

3. I dont get any push notifications at all!! I googled and found solutions like pushdoctor, etc. But they cost money and no one else here seems to have the problem with the ios 5.01 untethered jailbreak. How can I fix it?

Thank you very much in advance!

2. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

Oh dude, you really should have learned a little before you just went and udated iOS and quickly jailbroke knowing nothing about it. I just have to ask, what were you thinking?:confused:

Luckily for you, your phone is not bricked. But you did it wrong. I doubt you can get back your backup data without paying for some jailbreak apps. There are ways to use past iOS version restores, but I don't think you were set up properly for that either.

The camera icon only appears on lockscreen when home button is double tapped, an iOS 5 feature, not jailbreak. No, notification center does not appear on lockscreen unless you have missed call, or text.

Push is controlled in settings >mail, contacts, calendars >fetch new data.

Good luck. And do your homework next time before you take the test.;)

3. DaRealElvis thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for your answer!

I was following a tutorial from iclarified and it didnt say: Upgrade to 5.01 then reapply the BACKUP and then jailbreak. It says update to 5.01 and then do the jailbreak. I didnt think that it made a difference if I restore from the backup before or after applying the jailbreak :( So all my app info is lost? Especially annoying with "every day" since I took a lot of pics. :(

I have push activated, but its definitely not pushing!! I really would appreciate if someone could help me with this.

4. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

Since y0u've lost everything anyways.. if I were you I'd try restoring from iTunes without syncing, then sync in iTunes, then re do the jailbreak.