No Push Notification Service in Final iPhone 2.1 SDK?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Matt342, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Matt342 macrumors regular

Hi!

I just downloaded the final iPhone 2.1 SDK that was seeded yesterday. While browsing through the documentation I noticed that the Push Notification Service isn't mentioned anywhere. The directional API features are also missing? Any ideas?

~Matt

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

It was taken out of the betas a little while ago.

3. Matt342 thread starter macrumors regular

I thought they just removed it for maintenance? Shouldn't it be back up now?

4. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

It was removed for "further development". :(

Who knows? It might come later this month in 2.1.1...or 2.2...:)

And further development can range from fixing bugs to adding a whole new feature (maybe they'll allow "push streaming" where the top Entertainment applications [AOL Radio and Pandora Radio] can play in the background).

5. drivefast macrumors regular

which reminds me - anybody was inspired enough to save the documentation for the remote notification functions while they were still on? although i'm sure they will come back with a different approach, i would really want to know what the broad idea is. please pm me if you have that. *all* my apps are on hold until the remote notification appears. thanks.

6. MartinB macrumors newbie

The guys over at iphonedev.org are saying that apple confirmed that the same SDK is to be used for both 2.0 and 2.1 which means no new features (ala push) for 2.1. http://www.iphonedev.org/node/19