No PUSH Notifications on jailbroken iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by andrewwg94, Dec 23, 2009.

1. andrewwg94 macrumors member

i have 3.1.2 and i jailbroke it with blackra1n. i have a 3gs. how do i fix this? it worked for a little bit but it doesn't work anymore.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I think you have to activate it with someones at&t simcard.
    Then push would be fine. If you hactivate you will have problems.
    I think there was a pushfix in the works but not 100% if its up for sale yet.

3. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Well the thing is that he said it's jailbroken but never mentioned it being unlocked/hactivated. OP you have to tell us if your hactivated or not for us to help you.

4. andrewwg94 thread starter macrumors member

no, i just have a normal att service

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

solution for me was this: http://xs1.iphwn.org/releases/PushFix.zip

I activated with official sim ran the nimble copied the bin files to pc after I unlocked I injected the files and push worked..... could be worth a shot

6. andrewwg94 thread starter macrumors member

ok, i downloaded this, but i'm very confused. the readme says to run the binary 'nimble', but it's not an exe file. is this an os x executable?

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you have AT&T all you gotta do is activate it thru iTunes with your AT&T simcard before you execute blackrain.

8. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

the file needs to go on the iPhone in the directory the text file says, you then need to run terminal in that directory and execute the command ./nimble then with the bin files created ./inject

you also need to make sure you set the permissions as it says in the text file before running the commands

9. DreamNshadow macrumors newbie

What about for those who JB through Pwnage Tool? I activated the phone through iTunes as well. I'm on the regular ATT plan.

10. Manic Mouse macrumors 6502a

Manic Mouse

I've been considering Jailbreaking my iPhone but this makes me wary. Does jailbreaking mess up Push Notifications? I don't want to unlock it or anything, just be able to background apps and stuff like that.

11. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

I've had no issues with push after I jailbroke my phone. I have official AT&T for the record. I just activated the phone through iTunes.