No real supply constraint... Launch done right?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gregintosh, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

It seems like there's plenty of supply of most models of iPhones this year.

Last year, I ordered the 6 plus 64GB on the morning of the release day from T-Mobile. It took them 2 months to deliver. This year I did the same with the 6S plus (after I swore I wouldn't, but their JOD is just too good) and it will arrive Monday.

I also notice that a lot of carrier stores got models in stock, and Apple stores are still selling to walk ins from what I'm seeing.

Biggest indicator of plenty of supply: scalpers arent selling for more than a hundred over MSRP on most units and it's unclear if the units are moving even at that rate.

The launch isn't perfect of course, as rose gold ones are in very short supply and you can't find all the models everywhere. Though at least you can find something versus no units available at all like in some years past.

Hopefully things will only getting better during future launches. :) good job Apple.

2. Jws macrumors regular

That's a long time to wait. I ordered my 16GB Verizon 6 in the middle of October last year and got it a little over a week later. I wonder if T-Mobile just had less supply or if the larger GB sizes for all carriers were in rarer quantity.

At any rate, it's good to see people don't have to hurdle any obstacles (or at least as many) to get the new iPhone this year.