No Receipt for Iphone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djdsas, Jul 20, 2008.

1. djdsas macrumors member

Does Anyone know If I need a receipt for my 3G Iphone for warrantee repair?

I was #20 on line at the Apple store on day 1 and as many of you know day 1 was a disaster! To make I long story short, Apple told me they can't find a record of my transaction. They could not print a receipt, it wasn't emailed to me, and when I went back to the store and gave them the credit card I payed with(I also used 2 apple gift cards that now have a zero balance), they can't find my transaction. They told me they can't even tell If I actually paid. One week later my credit card was never charged.

Well, I am registered with Apple and AT&T, but I don't have a receipt. How important is it to get warrantee service? Can I still add AppleCare?

Help!

2. illutionz macrumors 65816

i'd rather not be charged and get a free phone ;)

3. tico24 macrumors 6502

tico24

Warranty repairs are done on the product's serial number, so no, a receipt isn't required.

Applecare is also added to the serial number so again, receipts aren't necessary.

4. MoonDogg macrumors newbie

MoonDogg

Yeah if you did not get charged and they have no record of transaction of you buying it. Get rid of your contract "you can do this for free in the first 30 days" and you don't have to give the phone back because they don't even know you bought it. Then reconnect it contract free, and your not stuck with the 30$/mn 3G bill. And I am sure you can still get a apple care warrenty. :D

5. umop apisdn macrumors member

umop apisdn

They should be able to find the transaction using Admin POS, by searching the card used.. if it doesn't show up then it hasnt gone through.

AppleCare can only be added to a product upto a year from purchase, obviously your iPhone hasn't been registered as sold, so i doubt they would let you..

6. bmms8 macrumors 68020

are you in orlando? i read somewhere that another member got a call from apple because 175 were not charged or something..