No receipts folder on my mac.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Roofy., Jan 24, 2009.

1. Roofy. macrumors 6502a

I noticed that on my mac there is no Receipt folder. I read an article earlier today that you need this folder to repair your disk for normal system maintenance. What's funny is I was able to repiar my disk, but after that I checked and saw I don't have that folder. I even used spotlight to look for it and couldn't find anything. What's going on???????? (I have 10.5.6 btw, not sure if that matters)

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Where are you looking, the root library directory (/Library/Receipts) or the user library (~/Library/Receipts)?

There are a number of directories that aren't created until they're needed, so if yours is a new install you may not have one yet... I'm not sure how the receipts directory is handled.

Spotlight doesn't index the libraries, so it won't help you.

Is there a reason you're looking for it?

3. Roofy. thread starter macrumors 6502a

At first I was just looking into my user library. i see it now, its under the root. thanks. Im a little new to macs as you can see haha

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

What normal system maintenance is this article telling you to perform? Macs don't normally need "tuneups" to keep them running well. The utilities are just there to fix a problem if it appears.

5. Roofy. thread starter macrumors 6502a

it was an article in mac world, I can't find it for some reason right now. I had the computer since november and figured i'd check on it.

Coincidentally today, My mac wouldnt get out of sleep mode. I pressed the keyboard a bunch of times, moved the mouse around, nothing. I had to turn of my power strip and just turn it on normally.

6. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Hmm, that's a little troubling. Let us know if the problem recurs.