No recent folders in the open/save dialogue

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Jaster, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Jaster macrumors newbie

When I go to upload/save a file I usually have a list of recent folders in the top bar below the folder hierarchy. For some reason these aren't displayed anymore. Anyone know how to get them back?

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

I don't think that was a list of Recent Folders. Instead, it just shows you where you are and allows you to browse to another location. Click the "disclosure arrow" next to the box where you name the file. Is that what you were missing?

3. Jaster thread starter macrumors newbie

It was for me.

I would click the top bar and then the menu shown below would have the folder tree of the current directory and also separator which would have a list of the recently visited folders underneath.

[​IMG]

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

I see. I believe that should be above the folder hierarchy. Yes, I have the separator and the Recent Places list.

I wonder if you have a corrupt plist file that controls that. The problem is, I don't know which plist file is responsible for that.

You could try a different user account. If you don't have one, create one in System Preferences > Accounts. Give that a test drive.