No reception issues with iPhone 4's in Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tomple, Jun 28, 2010.

?

Does your iPhone 4 have reception issues?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Tomple macrumors 6502a

Tomple

Today I went to the Apple Store and decided to check out if any of their iPhone 4's had reception issues. To my surprise, they did not. I did multiple tests...

1. iPhone 4 full palm with wifi on
    2. iPhone 4 just finger covering the slit with wifi on
    3. iPhone 4 full palm wifi off
    4 iPhone 4 just finger covering the slit with wifi off
    5. iPhone 4 just finger covering the slit but I licked my finger (I know it's weird but I had to try)

Much to my surprise, I lost no bars after all of these tests. When I first found out that my iPhone had reception issues I thought that they all did and I would just deal with it. After seeing that some don't have these issues, I have decided to exchange my iPhone for another on Wednesday. Just thought I would share :)

Also are any of your iPhone 4's NOT having reception issues?

2. jb007clone macrumors 6502

jb007clone

3. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

I was at 2 Apple stores today trying to buy a 4 (no luck at either store). I tried about 2-3 different phones at each store and tried hard as I could to get the number of bars to drop, holding the phones in all kinds of different positions. Nothing changed on any of the phones.

4. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Most if not all Apple stores have 3G repeaters in the store. One of the Geniuses told me this week when I brought my phone in. He said I wouldn't notice the effect in the store because they have 3G repeaters in-store producing a very strong signal - just like in AT&T stores.

5. Tomple thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tomple

Ill talk to my Genius on wednesday and see what the deal is