No recourse when AT&T screws up data plan

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MTShipp, Nov 25, 2010.

1. MTShipp, Nov 25, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2010

MTShipp macrumors 6502a

It seems we have no recourse when AT&T has a technical issue with their data plan detection.

Yesterday, I had 120MB remaining at 6:00pm.

I got an email at 11:54pm saying I had 17% remaining

I got an email at 11:56pm saying I had 10% remaining

I got another email at 12:16am saying I was now out of plan

The odd thing is I was on my home Wifi and the iPad was off and being charged.

When I tried to log into the "view account" area of the built-in cellular data page, it stated I have no plan.

:mad::mad::mad:

2. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Try calling technical support for AT&T or Apple.

3. mrbrown macrumors 6502

I don't believe there is anything technically wrong. Perhaps AT&T's billing system didn't record your data usage when it actually occured?

I believe it can take up to 6 days for your usage to actually show up in AT&T's system, depending on where you are. For example, my wife has the 250mb plan on her iPhone. We disabled data when she got the 65% warning -- the next day, we got the 90% and "you've been billed" messages. The iPhone's data usage indicator didn't show any use. Turns out she used the data 2 days before and AT&T just got around to billing for it...

4. Cinder6 macrumors 6502

Cinder6

You'd think that AT&T would be able to give real-time alerts. Else, what's the point of getting the alerts at all? If I were into conspiracies, I might say that AT&T does this on purpose so they can charge you more.

5. jull macrumors member

jull

6. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

There is no such thing as "no recourse". There's two sides to every story, do some research and I'm sure it will get sorted out. Blaming AT&T is only a fad amongst victims.