iPad Pro No RED Smart Covers for iPad Pro 10.5 or 12.9

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by iRobby, Jun 8, 2017.

1. iRobby macrumors 6502a

iRobby

Why the absence of the RED Smart Covers? This goes for all Silicone and Leather varieties and both sizes.

I find it disturbing that the Product RED program is discontinued for iPad accessories. Frustrating since Red Is my favorite color.

2. Dunkrag macrumors regular

Dunkrag

Because it means you will buy a non-Red one in the first instance to protect the iPad and then purchase a second Red one when they release it in 3 or 4 moths time..

Amazed the penny hasn't dropped with this strategy by now..

3. greensalad macrumors regular

greensalad

Yep. Wait til World AIDS Day.

4. lilbukka macrumors newbie

lilbukka

If they offered a red iPad or keyboard. I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I think apple is snoozing on the colors id buy a blue iPhone 7+'even though I have a black one. I just wish they would quit with the white face with the red Coleridge backs. That's the only thing that kept me from buying one.

5. mrklaw macrumors 68000

Agree. Two reasons why I'm very disappointed about this
    1 - product red goes great with the space grey iPad
    2- it made it much harder to disguise my purchase of a 10.5" pro as the change of Smart Cover was immediately apparent. I was tempted to buy the Smart Keyboard in an attempt to explain the change in case colour..

6. BeatCrazy macrumors 65816

Verizon had the RED smart covers/smart cases for the 9.7 Pro on clearance at 50% off. I went ahead and got another Smart Cover, even though I have an Apple dark blue one. It's rare to find the OEM stuff at 50% off.