No Refurb Displays?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by remmy, Aug 5, 2008.

1. remmy macrumors 6502a

Has anyone seen a display on the refurbished section of the UK store? Been looking for a short while, £400 being too much.

Had a sneak look at the US store which had a few, a 20" display with 60% off, that is about £250. :eek:

Also seen PC world had them listed for £350 but they have been out of stock for ages.

2. jroller macrumors regular

Unless you are set on owning an Apple monitor, I would encourage you to look around. Dell's UltraSharp monitors are very nice and less expensive than Apple's displays.

To answer your question: as you have seen the availability of refubs is variable and there is no guarantee that what you are looking for will show up at any given time. The Cinema Displays are well-made products that probably don't get returned with to the degree that other products do.

3. remmy thread starter macrumors 6502a

currently I distrust the range that Dell offers. They got updated recently-ish and the new panels are of the TN variety rather than MVA or what ever it was called.

4. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

I pray that Apple releases new displays soon that are cheaper...

5. The Killer Fuzz macrumors member

The Killer Fuzz

Same, I want one but I dont really need it so Im just waiting....was looking at the refurbs, the prices seem more reasonable