No regrets with 2015 MBP purchase

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HBOC, Nov 17, 2016.

1. HBOC macrumors 68020

In July, i decided to get a new computer. My mid 2011 iMac that i bought new in May of 2011 was still running fantastic, but i figured it was a roll of the dice, as it could go at any time; regardless of how it was performing.

I knew there was going to be a new model coming out at some point, but at that point it wasn't known for sure when they would come out.

Ended up buying a then current model 15" MBP with all options except for the 1TB SSD and the higher speed cpu. $1999 with 3 years of AppleCare (until 02/19). Great deal, especially since if i bought it new, it would be about $3000 with tax.

In any case, if i was in the same boat, i would get the same model. I just can't see myself spending THAT much for a computer. I think the model closest to the one i have is $2799, then add AppleCare and tax...

Anyways, I do like the new ones, and kind of wish i had the USB-C, but i was stuck with USB2 for 5 years :). So this one is way faster than i was used to. My uses for this machine is Adobe CC, mostly LR, PSCC and ID.
    Anyone else have the same decision?

2. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

And that machine will serve you greatly for years to come. And as a bonus, you saved a ton of money.

Just think: now you can let the USB-C market and Touch Bar ecosystem mature, avoid any potential early adopter issues, and you basically pocketed $1,300 towards your next laptop 3-4 years down the road!

3. xb2003 macrumors 6502

xb2003

Right there with you. I bought mine in February, knowing full well I might regret it. So glad I didn't wait for this. I'm sure it will be a better machine after a refresh or two.. but at this point it's not very appealing.

4. anoobis macrumors regular

That's the way to go. I've bought my past Mac's used - saved a lot of money.

This MBP I have on order is the first one I've ordered new. I just canceled my order on the Apple Store and ordered from B&H - no tax!

Been going back n forth on canceling and getting a 27" iMac instead...I have 18 months no interest through Apple Store (Barclay's).

5. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I bought my early 2015 rMBP in early 2015. I'll be using it for 2-3 more years. It's an awesome computer.