No reminders app?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by TRICKorDEVICE, Apr 13, 2015.

1. TRICKorDEVICE macrumors 6502a

Is there a reminders app for the watch. This is one of my most anticipated uses.

2. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I'm not sure so I can't answer your question, but I did want to chime in with a random thought.

I suppose I'm the minority, but reminders has always been 'missing something', and just 'not quite there', for lack of a better description. From figuring out how to add/delete manually, to dealing with repetitive location-based reminders if you don't go in and physically check it off your to-do list once you arrive. I don't know... I've always found this app quite annoying and lackluster.

3. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

You can ask Siri to remind you about something, and she'll add that to your reminders on the phone...

4. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

I feel the same way,it kind of seems like more trouble than help.

5. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Are you using Reminders on iOS 6 or 8. Since 8 I start using it again and I'm happier with it. The way the interface is so clean and everything is so easy. This is one of the evidence that simplicity wins.

6. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

Reminders and calendar has to be done through Siri as the watch has no keyboard.

7. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

I use the reminders app a lot. It is buggy though, tapping a repeat reminder as done is hit or miss whether it clears it.

8. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

Reminders on the Apple Watch relies on Siri as there is no physical keyboard, but rather speaking a reminder.

9. jordanst macrumors member

jordanst

The same way there's a read only app for calendar, there should be a reminders app, at least to just check off the ones you've completed.

10. sahilpatel12 macrumors 6502a

sahilpatel12

i have never used that reminder app lol, im smart enough to remember or know my stuff.:rolleyes:

11. coffeemadmanUK macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

That's a silly statement. Plenty of reminders are for things months ahead. For example I set a reminder to see my dentist every six months and use Siri to remind me.

12. scwinsett macrumors 6502a

scwinsett

Not sure why you have to be blatantly condescending. With that logic, you shouldn't need a phone at all. You should just be "smart enough" to navigate without maps, and memorize numbers for the unlikely scenario you could even need help from another human.

Anyways, I always thought the reminders app should just be tucked away within the calendar app

13. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I don't remember seeing one in my hands-on with the Apple Watch. If there's not one, I wonder why? I get it that you set reminders with Siri, but it would still be nice to see them in a list and cross them off as your done. I actually use the Reminders app quite a lot, mainly due to is ability to share lists with my wife.

14. T-Will macrumors 6502a

T-Will

I use Reminders, but only as the backend sync method for Pocket Informant tasks. I was hoping for some sort of Reminders app on the Watch though.

15. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Same here, use reminders a fair amount. Appointments go in my calendar but reminders go in, well reminders. I just reminded myself earlier to change a hotel reservation. If I tried to remember that on my own I would have a 50/50 shot. Not that I don't want to remember but I have more that one thing going on at the moment. I use reminders for shopping lists, its nice to check the items off a list as I put them in the cart. No getting home and wishing I had remembered to get an ingredient. Anyhow, if there is no stock app I guarantee there will be 3rd party and I will find a way to integrate it.

16. sahilpatel12, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2015

sahilpatel12 macrumors 6502a

sahilpatel12

welcome to new generation, my dentist uses email,text and phone call notifications. i thinkyou need to get a new dentist whos uses new tech

----------

im smart enough to remember my familys and business number unlike you, no i dont use map also i have been living in this town for 19 years and knowevey roadhere

17. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Personally, I use the reminders app all the time, I'm not getting any younger and I have a full schedule. I have been really impressed with Siri, it seems that no matter how I word adding a new reminder that it nails it without error every time.

18. iamasmith macrumors regular

iamasmith

Reminders do of course appear in notifications, watch the main video here (not the deeper dive ones) and you will see one briefly on the missed notifications list..

@2:54 ish shows a reminder
    @3.13 ish setting a reminder with Siri

http://www.apple.com/watch/guided-tours/

19. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I use the Reminders App all the time when I need to remember to do something at a specific time. I just tell Siri and she handles the rest. I also like how our Shopping List (a tab we created in the Reminders App) syncs between my phone and my wife's phone....we juts add stuff throughout the week and whoever happens to be at a grocery store references the list to see what we need.

I use Things to sort out my to-do list and projects. Using both of these Apps work really well.

As to how this relates to the Apple Watch, you can just use Siri on the Watch to add things to Apple's Reminders App and you'll be bale to enable the reminder notifications to appear on your Watch. It's all coming soon...

20. profets macrumors 68040

Same here. I've been using Reminders since iOS 5 and love them. I've found that in the past year Siri has been excellent and fast at adding reminders, even parsing things like "arriving at" for location based reminders and date/time.

I'm actually quite excited about being able to use "Hey, Siri" and add reminders on the fly using the watch.