Home No remote access to HomeKit

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by big samm, Sep 14, 2016.

1. big samm macrumors 65816

Since i updated my ATV/4 i cannot access my HomeKit accessories anymore. Now i have to turn on two factor authentication for it to work anyone having the same problem? Do i really have to do that to access remotely?

[​IMG]

2. adamsteinberg macrumors newbie

adamsteinberg

Since some of your devices appear to be from the Elgato Eve family, I thought I'd step in. It's unfortunate, but we've seen this happen randomly as well after upgrading to iOS 10. We think it has something to do with the Apple TV and the iPhone's HomeKit status not being in sync, an Apple problem. Here are some steps we tried:
    • In Apple TV 4>Settings>Accounts>HomeKit, make sure that the Apple TV sees your home, and that it is the same home as the default home on your iOS device.
    • Power off the Apple TV 4, and all your Eve devices.
    • Force restart the iPhone by holding down the Home and Power buttons simultaneously until it restarts, this will initiate a resync.
    • Power on the Apple TV 4, then the Eve devices.
    If that all doesn't do the trick, you may need to reset the Apple TV through Settings>System, then set it up again using your iOS device (place it near, or on top of the Apple TV 4) as this will ensure that everything is in sync.

3. brianbunge macrumors 6502

brianbunge

What do you mean by "make sure the apple tv sees your home"? I have no remote access to HomeKit accessories either, which is only 13 Hue devices and the Hub.

4. adamsteinberg macrumors newbie

adamsteinberg

See the screenshot below. Email me directly at adam (at) elgato (dot) com if you'd like to troubleshoot further.

appletv-homekit.jpg

5. brianbunge macrumors 6502

brianbunge

Yeah, I definitely don't have that. I'll try what you've mentioned above and then email you if it doesn't work. Thanks for your help!

6. Greenstein macrumors member

Thanks for the feedback Adam. I don't have any Eve products, but I followed your steps above for my Hue lights/hub and my Schlage Sense lock and the remote access appears to be working better now. Let's see if that becomes the norm, but for now, I appreciate your thoughts.

7. john991 macrumors 6502a

Schlage released a new firmware and app software to make the Sense lock compatible with iOS 10 and the home app. (I can now unlock my front door using the home app!)

8. luckydcxx macrumors 65816

luckydcxx

i updated my ATV and the firmware on my schlage sense lock and now it doesn't work ... ugh

9. luckydcxx macrumors 65816

luckydcxx

My ATV4 is not seeing anything with homekit. I rebooted everything, signed in and out of iCloud.
    My ATV4 does not have the HomeKit Menu under iCloud. I have everything turned on and tried rebooting everything, i also signed out of iCloud and signed back in. I have a schlage sense lock and it works over bluetooth. Any suggestions?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 15, 2016 ---
    All fixed. I had to enable 2 factor authentication and then disable it. HomeKit popped up on the ATV and is now working.

10. brianbunge macrumors 6502

brianbunge

Well, my Apple TV sees the home in HomeKit now, but the Home app on my iOS devices still doesn't see the Apple TV...

11. LiveM macrumors 6502a

LiveM

For me and many others, Home simply didn't work remotely until the GM of iOS10 when two-factor authentication was suddenly mentioned as being required.

12. brianbunge macrumors 6502

brianbunge

I actually setup two-factor authentication a couple of days ago...

13. big samm thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks a ton for your feedback @adamsteinberg. I still can't get the HomeKit setting on my atv/4. I've sign in sign out on from icloud and still can't get it. Anyone got this working without setting up two factor authentication?

14. brianbunge macrumors 6502

brianbunge

It looks like my remote access is working. I was able to turn off several Hue lights from a few miles away with no problem. Quick question though: is the Apple TV supposed to show up as a device in the Home app the same way the the Hue bridge does?

15. big samm thread starter macrumors 65816

I gave in and signed up for two factor authentication and everything is working now regardless if im on the network or not... I can also see my HomeKit setting on my Atv/4. Thx to everyone who tried to help.

16. Alexis1537 macrumors newbie

I'm still stuck. My Apple TV 4th Gen is clearly showing as connected to Homekit so it must be seeing the databut once I switch off wifi, the devices in the home app all show up as not responding. I've tried resetting the Apple TV, removing the Home and starting that again but still no luck. This is very frustrating!