No reply button in messages

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by FanGirl77, May 12, 2015.

1. FanGirl77 macrumors member

FanGirl77

So I just got my apple watch and have it set up and working, however I have received several text messages and could not reply. I watched the how to video's and now I realize that I don't have a reply button, is their something that I need to be turning on

2. TC400 macrumors 6502a

TC400

3. dwreck macrumors member

This has happened to me a couple of times, where a long glance for a text message does not include a reply button. If I open up the Messages app, and open the message from there, I do see a reply button.

It's not consistent, so it must be a bug. (I have noticed that it seems to happen mostly with group messages.)

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Tried scrolling down?

5. Angeybabey macrumors newbie

I don't think you can reply if you're just looking at messages in your notifications. You click on the message and then when messages are actually open the reply button will appear.

6. FanGirl77 thread starter macrumors member

FanGirl77

Yes I watched the video so I did scroll down, but I only saw dismiss. However I am looking at the messages in notifications so maybe that is the issue

7. Jrdn13crvr macrumors regular

8. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Restart your watch. Hold down the favorites button until you get the power down option. and then hold the favorites button to turn it on again afterwards.

9. modernaccord macrumors 6502a

If you don't have a reply button in messages you have to force-touch to make it appear.

10. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Says who? I have a reply button on every message I ever get.

11. modernaccord macrumors 6502a

says me. I sometimes don't.

12. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

then yours is broken :p

I have never up to this point have had to force touch to get a reply option in any message I've received since getting my watch on 4/24.

13. road2ruin macrumors newbie

I have a similar issue. I only get the option to reply or view messages in the watch app that are sent as iMessages. Any SMS messages I get are notified on the watch however there is no option to reply. If you go into the app they don't appear there.

Am presently dealing with Apple tech support however they are being useless and I'm at the point of getting it replaced.

14. jjlannoo Suspended

I get a reply button for both iMessages and SMS every time

15. clemsonryan macrumors newbie

I have noticed if I have text I haven't viewed yet and another comes in that I look at right away it won't let me reply just shows a glimpse of both text and have to click one. Not sure if this what's happening to you also. Doesn't seem like a bug just happens when 2 text come in close together from different people.

16. FanGirl77 thread starter macrumors member

FanGirl77

Ok seems that I am having a hard time with my messages which is one of the main features i need.

When I send someone who I know has an iPhone it just says sending on my watch. they receive it, but as a text message and then 15-20 minutes later I get a error saying it could not be sent.. Same thing is happening with touches to other apple watch owners.. error message not going through

17. J.gerbes macrumors 6502