No reponse from iPod Touch after failed QuickPwn jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Chris., Feb 17, 2009.

1. Chris. macrumors regular

Hi,

I tried to jailbreak my iPod Touch 1st generation (running 2.2.1) using QuickPwn, however when QuickPwn got to the bit where it says "QuickPwn is about to run on your iPod Touch" the application crashed and quit, now my iPod Touch won't turn on or be recognized by iTunes.

Any ideas what I can do?

Thanks.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Put it into DFU mode, and then connect it to itunes and do a restore.

3. Robotouch macrumors member

as jmann4489 said above the best thing to do is to restore it so your back to how you got it and make sure you have the most up to date version of quickpwn and try again

4. B30W0LF macrumors newbie

mine did the same thing, except DFU and recovery wont work.the ipod is stuck on a black screen, or the screen just isnt reponding at all...recovery wont work at all..when iput it in DFU, itunes opens, but it says the ipod cannot be identified properly...please help....

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Try doing a dfu restore on a different computer. Or try using a Mac, sometimes, people have problems restoring messed up iPods on windows. :)

6. atticus18244fsa macrumors 6502

atticus18244fsa

After Jailbreaking mine it wouldn't repond either. I didn't panic because I knew it was an easy fix. I put in DFU mode, restored, rejailbroke and synched. It was an afternoon of work.