Home No Response from HomeKit devices only with Apple and Home app?

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by Paco II, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Paco II macrumors 65816

Came home to find that my lights weren't on. Tried to manually enable via Control Center and Home app but 'no response'. Opened the device maker's native app, and no issue turning on lights. What gives? Any suggestions?

2. Paco II thread starter macrumors 65816

So after trying a few things, went to last resort and unplugged and replugged and now working. The annoying thing is that the app maker's app always worked. What's the deal with Apple's connection?

3. hokiepokie07 macrumors 6502a

Are you connected remotely to your AppleTV? Check to make sure it says AppleTV: Connected. In the Home app, click the arrow on the top left corner and make sure your AppleTV says connected.

4. Paco II thread starter macrumors 65816

This was on the same wifi network. I do use an Apple TV as a hub, and it did say connected in the settings, but that should be irrelevant in this situation. On the same network the Apple TV should not be part of the equation.

5. Briankeith82 macrumors newbie

Briankeith82

I'm having a similar issue. If someone mistakenly uses the old light switch, the light or room within the iOS control center reverts to "no response". However... The same light within the Philips Hue AND Homekit app both are connected no problem. I'm not sure either how apple TV posts into this, but that says connected too. So it's just the control center that says no response, and continues that way no matter what I do; unless I completely remove homekit setup altogether and start over.