No Retina 2.6GHz with 256gb flash storage

marddin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
The 512gb flash storage does not appeal to me. I don't need that much SSD space. I could just use 256gb and keep all my large important data on an external it's not a big deal but of course you can't configure the new retina to come with the 2.6GHZ i7 and a the lower 256gb flash storage. Does anybody else share my frustration?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
The 512gb flash storage does not appeal to me. I don't need that much SSD space. I could just use 256gb and keep all my large important data on an external it's not a big deal but of course you can't configure the new retina to come with the 2.6GHZ i7 and a the lower 256gb flash storage. Does anybody else share my frustration?
Are you certain you need the faster processor? Most users would never see any performance difference between them.

marddin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Are you certain you need the faster processor? Most users would never see any performance difference between them.
after further review i agree you, the processor upgrade is nearly un-noticable, so i will be going for the base model retina with 16gb ram

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.