No rumors of updates to MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nocture, Oct 18, 2010.

1. nocture macrumors newbie

Hello there!

Im very excited about the upcoming event on the 20th, as im preparing to buy myself a macbook pro, which will be my return to mac since I had an iBook G4 back in 2005-2006.

All i've seen though is rumors about updates for the macbook air. I know theres only 2 days left, but I can't wait. Is there no news of any of the updates to the MBP line ?

Also a side question: will there ever be a higher resolution for the 13" MBP? I'd love the 13" edition, since I move around alot as a student, but the 1280x800 resolution is just sad.

:D Can't wait!

2. Harmush macrumors 6502a

Harmush

I doubt there will be major MBP upgrades. As they have already got the i5/i7 processors and that is pretty much the best consumer chip out there at the moment.

I think it is very likely that the MBA will be getting a major refresh, its not been updated in about 18 months (off the top of my head).
    I think, your probably looking at the i3, maybe the i5 processors. Which would be cool! Would also be good for battery, the i3 is a fairly good chip for power consumption.
    As for the High Resolution screen, which I have on my MBP and love it! I am not sure. Maybe they will adopt this for the MBA but its primary use is obviously portability not really graphics - video editing - sound; I'm not saying its not able to do those things, its just not its primary aim. So i am not sure about the HR screen. Then again, it wouldn't hurt, just eat away at the already limited battery. Currently quoted at only 5 hours, compared to the 10 hours with the MacBook Pro.

3. lifeguard90 macrumors 6502a

Hardware Insides update

Once again, no one knows for sure what will be revealed wed. OSx 10.7 seems 99%, Macbook Air very highly likely. iLife is creeping its way into solid chance as well due to shipping slip times for the UK for example.

However, Apple is not stupid nor would want to basically lay it all out before an event so there would be zero surprises or amazing things. Finally, an event unrelated or un focused primarily on the world of portable "i" devices. Enough of this has gone on and making me sick. Bring Back the Mac better have some punch besides the macbook air. The GPU in mbp for example is not up to date nor was it the best Apple could do. IF no changes besides the mba, Sandy Bridge better be inside macbook & mbp models soon after its early 2011 release, with way better graphics & not wait months for a refresh. Apple has to stop fanning out update times to such an extreme length of 8months or more