No screen protector needed for 3GS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SDAVE, Jun 26, 2009.

1. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

Well I used the Power (whatever it's called) from the Apple store on the 3G for over 10 months, and when I took it off, it looked perfect.

I bought a new pack for the 3GS, just got it, and I ruined both of them (plethora of dust particles :D)

So, my question is, should I dump in another $15 and get it or not?

2. SDAVE thread starter macrumors 68040

SDAVE

Too late, already threw them away.

But thanks for the reply?

3. chox99 macrumors regular

Join the club. I wasted 19.99 on dusty film thanks to my clumsy hands. I think I'm gonna go naked from now on. However, I heard 3GS coating makes it easier to get scratches.:(

4. entity macrumors regular

For the Power Support protectors, if you get dust on them just rinse them under warm water. Shake it dry. It will still have some water marks when you put it back on the phone but they go away after 48 hours.

Been using Power Support screen protectors for over 2 years, and applied them to many many phones. They are reusable! :D

5. aristobrat macrumors G5

Did you do the part where you put that sticky thing on the iPhone that pulls off all of the dust from the screen before you put the protector on? :confused:

6. SDAVE thread starter macrumors 68040

SDAVE

Dang I think I kept one of them, will see if I can do what you said. Thanks!

Well the 3GS just came in, I removed the original film off of it and applied it right away. There was absolutely no dust on the screen before applying.