No screen shield now

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by richxps, Feb 26, 2014.

1. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Has anyone go from having a screen shield to not having one? I just gave up in shields and so far I'm enjoying the phone without one , I have a apple leather case and I may use a snap case from the apple store.
    Anyone else in the same boat ?

2. GalvaJ macrumors regular

GalvaJ

The no screen protector life is the best iPhone life. :cool:

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

you mean screen protector?

I never stick a protector to my phone, unless is part of the mold of the case, like right now w/ my fre case.

----------

yeap, I love the crisp of no screen, but I prefer to be well covered w. my fre (nuud I find too risky of a seal)

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

People go both ways and some stick to what they do. What others do really isn't relevant. You have to do whatever is it that works for you.

5. AnthroMatt macrumors regular

AnthroMatt

Completely agree.

And I use a screen protector. That's because of my job, though. If I sat at a desk everyday I wouldn't use one.

6. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I absolutely hate screen protectors until I tried the Zagg glass. It feels smoother than the screen itself...

7. RafixPhoenix macrumors regular

So do you say no to glass screen protectors too? Like Spigen and Bodyguardz?

8. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

9. AnthroMatt macrumors regular

AnthroMatt

Not entirely true. I didn't use one on my iPhone 4 and it was horribly scratched. That's what working in dirt and dust will do.

10. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

Dirt and dust shouldn't scratch your screen.

11. viewfly macrumors 65816

viewfly

No screen shield now

Absolutely wrong!!!

Dirt is the primarily cause of glass scratches. And metal scratches too. Dust can be just finer sized dirt.

Why? Dirt is simply finely ground organic material and rock. Quartz specks is a major component of many rocks in most areas. Beach sand is nearly all quartz. Every hear of sandstone rock?

Quartz is as hard as glass, even gorilla glass. Harder then metal keys knives and coins. It is used in sandpaper. With enough pressure while cleaning your phone, or rubbing between your case and phone, that quartz laden dirt/dust WILL scratch your glass.

That is why the recommendation when cleaning glasses and lenses is to blow of the dust first before rubbing with a cloth.

12. missygal Guest

missygal

I've always used screen protectors but tonight I've been thinking about taking mine off. I hate the feel if them but scared I'll scratch my screen. Can't decide...

13. viewfly, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014

viewfly macrumors 65816

viewfly

No screen shield now

Your not likely to scratch the screen if you are aware of the dangers.

I'll assume you're a women. Beware of diamond, sapphire or zirconia earring while you have the phone on your ear. They will scratch gorilla glass.

In your purse. Sure keys and such are fine. But still place your phone in there intelligently. Find a clean side pocket to keep or in. One, you'll know where to find it and two it will less likely to get mixed up with dirt at the bottom of purse.

Same is true for guys and a briefcase or backpack.

14. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

I'm the same with cases! I want to protect my thing of beauty but I also want to hold it as it's intended!!

15. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

You can tell on any phone if they used a screen protector or not, jsut turn the screen off and check out all the surface scratches.

16. viewfly macrumors 65816

viewfly

You would have to be OCD to see scratches in my screen.