No screen shield now

richxps

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Has anyone go from having a screen shield to not having one? I just gave up in shields and so far I'm enjoying the phone without one , I have a apple leather case and I may use a snap case from the apple store.
Anyone else in the same boat ?

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
you mean screen protector?

I never stick a protector to my phone, unless is part of the mold of the case, like right now w/ my fre case.

----------

The no screen protector life is the best iPhone life. :cool:
yeap, I love the crisp of no screen, but I prefer to be well covered w. my fre (nuud I find too risky of a seal)

viewfly

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
No screen shield now

Dirt and dust shouldn't scratch your screen.

Absolutely wrong!!!

Dirt is the primarily cause of glass scratches. And metal scratches too. Dust can be just finer sized dirt.

Why? Dirt is simply finely ground organic material and rock. Quartz specks is a major component of many rocks in most areas. Beach sand is nearly all quartz. Every hear of sandstone rock?

Quartz is as hard as glass, even gorilla glass. Harder then metal keys knives and coins. It is used in sandpaper. With enough pressure while cleaning your phone, or rubbing between your case and phone, that quartz laden dirt/dust WILL scratch your glass.

That is why the recommendation when cleaning glasses and lenses is to blow of the dust first before rubbing with a cloth.

missygal

Jul 5, 2010
Oregon
I've always used screen protectors but tonight I've been thinking about taking mine off. I hate the feel if them but scared I'll scratch my screen. Can't decide...

viewfly

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
No screen shield now

I've always used screen protectors but tonight I've been thinking about taking mine off. I hate the feel if them but scared I'll scratch my screen. Can't decide...

Your not likely to scratch the screen if you are aware of the dangers.

I'll assume you're a women. Beware of diamond, sapphire or zirconia earring while you have the phone on your ear. They will scratch gorilla glass.

In your purse. Sure keys and such are fine. But still place your phone in there intelligently. Find a clean side pocket to keep or in. One, you'll know where to find it and two it will less likely to get mixed up with dirt at the bottom of purse.

Same is true for guys and a briefcase or backpack.

Last edited:

jr866gooner

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2013
I'm the same with cases! I want to protect my thing of beauty but I also want to hold it as it's intended!!

eclipse01

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
You can tell on any phone if they used a screen protector or not, jsut turn the screen off and check out all the surface scratches.