No screensaver at Leopard Login screen?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Mindflux, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

I'm setting up my girlfriends iMac and because of her job she is required to password protect her computers even if they aren't work related. So I set her password and set the preferences to require a password to log in.

Now, if she's not at the computer a while the screensaver kicks on, and after 30 minutes it kicks the logged in profile back out to the login screen. The problem is the screensaver never resumes?

Even if I set the S.C to 3 minutes, manually log out to the login screen it'll sit there and show that (never go to screensaver or powersave mode for the monitor).

Am I missing some setting?

2. Mindflux thread starter macrumors 68000

Mindflux

Still no luck with this. That's just goofy there's no screen saver at the user login screen.

3. billabong macrumors 6502

I have notices this too, I really hope it's something that gets fixed. I am starting to get a very faint burn-in of the login screen on the Cinema Display... I'm not happy about that.

4. billabong macrumors 6502

I've looked this up but don't see any complaints from anyone else? Is this not common, do I have something unchecked? Please help, this burn in issue is really bugging me. I don't want it to get any worse by keeping the login screen on all the time.

5. billabong macrumors 6502

6. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

have her....turn on screensaver when she leaves

and then have it ask for a password when its logged back in

7. billabong macrumors 6502

that shouldn't be the answers. I share my computer with a few people and we always log back out when we are done. So it's always stuck at the login screen, why doesn't a screen saver load when it's at the login screen?

8. David 1955 macrumors newbie

Agreed

I am in the same position. Four people use my Mac and a routinely find that the display has been at the login screen for hours when one of my kids has logged out. I've told them to start the screen saver when they are done but, being kids, they often forget.

Surely there is a way to have the screen saver start when the login screen is up? If they can do it on a PC then...

David

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I noticed there was no screen saver, but my display turns off after 15 minutes anyway.