No Service 2G

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by boethius, Feb 5, 2009.

1. boethius macrumors newbie

boethius

Hey there,

I just got hold of an iPhone 2g (the one without UMTS and GPS) and it had fw 1.4 on it.

At first I updated the 2G to 2.2.1 via iTunes, then QuickPwned it. It didn't unlock the phone, so I used PwnageTool and created a custom firmware that was uploaded and installed. PwnageTool asked me to download the 4.6 bootloader and so I did. However, when the phone was flashing itself during the BootNeuter process the old boot loader 3.9 was selected in the background which seemed strange.

It said it had flashed the boot loader and base band successfully but I get very limited reception or no service at all. I've tried 3 different simcards from two different provides without any luck.

Does anyone have any ideas what might cause this?

2. boethius thread starter macrumors newbie

boethius

OK I managed to get my hands on another 2G iPhone, jailbreak and unlock it! And it has full service... I am wondering if there might be something wrong with my first iphone.

Does anyone have any experience in opening up the iPhone, I think the antenna might be dislodged or something because it gets very limited reception - successful calls have been made!

Cheers, oh yeah, and *BUMP* :D