No Service after Blackra1n and Blacksn0w

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by SDAVE, May 10, 2010.

1. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

So I've followed a lot of tutorials, and especially this one:

http://www.hackthatphone.com/3x/b_3_1_2_3g.html

I have a 32GB 3GS, 3.1.2, 5.11.07 baseband.

This is my 9th time restoring 3.1.2 with iTunes and installing the Blackra1n bundle.

Everytime I install, it says No Service with the T-Mobile SIM. AT&T Sim works fine in Edge and 3G. I put the same SIM in another phone and it works fine.

Well I followed the instructions on that site and have done different combinations.

When I first restore to 3.1.2 I have the AT&T sim in there so I can activate it.

Then I take it out, put in the T-Mobile sim (also turning off 3G), and run Blackra1in, then when it reboots, I run Blacksn0w and wait for the bars to come. It just says No Service. I left the phone on for 5 hours, still says no service.

AT&T sim works ok.

Also tried Spirit JB, same thing. My baseband has not been moved up from 5.11.07 and the firmware I'm using is 3.1.2 straight from Apple (not custom)

Any help appreciated.

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

3. SDAVE thread starter macrumors 68040

SDAVE

Nevermind, got it to work. Looks like my T-Mobile SIM was deactivated. Got a new one and all is well.

It's safe to do Spirit JB then run Blacksn0w RC2 through Cydia, correct?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, just make sure you dont update to official 3.1.3 cause you will lose your unlock.