No service after pwnage tool - itunes jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by abramson1111, Dec 30, 2008.

1. abramson1111 macrumors member

Hi
    I have an :apple: iPhone 3G and was having trouble jail-breaking it with custom firmware I made thru pwnagetool and put into itunes (error 1600, err. 21, err. 2001...).
    I finally worked out it might be an issue with DFU (I don't have 10.5.6), so I decided to jailbreak it with pwnage, and it worked! I DID have service and all (I am a registered AT&T customer).

WAIT... I KNOW THIS SEEMS LIKE A BIT OF A STORY, BUT KEEP READING

But I really wanted some of the perks that come with using custom firmware you made (custom boot logos, pre added cydia sources...). So I plugged in the now jail-broken iPhone and restored it with my custom firmware, and it worked, but I didn't get an service (it just said no service). Since I am an AT&T customer, my firmware didn't activate the iPhone, but for the second try when I went through this whole process again with another firmware I made I made this firmware activate my phone. Again; no service or 1 puny bar.

Why is this happening. How can I fix it?
    I'll thank whoever can give me the answer a million times over...

2. abramson1111 thread starter macrumors member

oh, wait, he deleted his posts, so ignore my second post...

3. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

If you are an AT&T customer and select the "activate" option in Pwnage tool you will get no service on your jailbroken phone. You have to be sure that the "active" box is unchecked when you build your custom firmware if you are a legit AT&T customer.