No Service after screen repair.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by LDForget, Jul 13, 2012.

1. LDForget macrumors newbie

Hello all. Ive regristered here today because im having a huge issue with my iphone 4s. Ive changed countless LCD and digizers and never had an issue, work on my own 4s, and **** hits the fan.

I changed the LCD and digitizer in my launch day 4s and ever since i cant get any signal for my cellular. I tried my antenna (the part on the speaker) in a friends iphone 4 and it works fine. Wifi works fine, bluetooth seams to work, but no cellular. Once in awhile i can get 1 bar, sometimes itll go full signal, then it'll cut right out and die on me again. Anyone have any tips? did i maybe forget a screw that im not seeing? Exactly what screws (or anything else) is required to make the cellular service work? I can see my imei number, so i know the baseband itself is working even when i have no service.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. xpected_one macrumors regular

xpected_one

Although I havent done any 4'S iphones I have done several 4's and I know there are these little tabs on the speaker where the antenna cable runs. Make sure you didnt break these and that they are tucked under the chassis. Also Im assuming you triple checked the actual antenna cable itself to verify it has indeed made a secure connection?

3. LDForget thread starter macrumors newbie

ive checked the cable 1000x, its fine.....the little tabs were on top of the chassis, moved them under...no change.

Thanks though. Any other ideas?