No service.... ever!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by fusilier2512, Jul 1, 2010.

1. fusilier2512 macrumors newbie

fusilier2512

hi,
    i live in Bermuda and was in the UK for the iPhone 4 launch. Managed to get my hands on a factory unlocked iPhone :D as i dont travel with my bermuda cell phone i left it in the box still on the insert sim screen.

Finally got back to bermuda today, whipped out my sim card from my 3GS and trimmed it down using one of the guides and templates available.
    popped it in and everything looked good..... waiting for activation. Then no service. And im stuck on no service.

Have tried everything i can think of. Ive reset network settings. Done a complete restore. flicked airplane mode on and off. Nothing works. Wifi and Bluetooth work.

I even researched what frequencies my network in Bermuda uses and everything checks out.

Anyone any ideas?

2. fusilier2512 thread starter macrumors newbie

fusilier2512

I just tried to manually select my network instead of it being automatic. My network showed up in the list but when I click on it, it says. Restricted Network. Does that mean it's my carrier and not the phone?