No service from a jailbroken and unlocked iPhone!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by khretdao, Apr 18, 2011.

1. khretdao macrumors newbie

Hello,

I've just jailbroken and unlocked my iPhone 3g, upgrading it with redsn0w to iOS 4.2.
    I've followed all the steps using a PC with Vista, but it hasn't worked, I keep getting 'no service'. And when I go into Settings --> Carrier - it says 'Unable to load network list'.
    I've read other forums and tried all their advice, but they didn't work, and also, most of them were from 2007!
    I've read on some forums that OI've updated my Modem Firmware too high or something? :confused:
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks! :eek:

2. aarond12 macrumors 65816

aarond12

Just start over. Restore your iPhone back to factory firmware, make sure your phone is working, then try your jailbreak again.

3. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

What is the baseband? Factory unlock or software unlock with Ultrasnow?

4. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You screwed up when you upgraded to 4.2. Updating your iOS in itunes will update your modem, which is what determines unlockability.
    You only have two choices, because you can't downgrade your baseband. You can use the ipad bb*, which isn't a great idea, or buy the unlock, which may or may not be revoked.

*ipad bb kills your warranty and gps; you also will never update via itunes, because you have to use custom firmware.

5. khretdao thread starter macrumors newbie

Software unlock with Ultrasn0w and is the Baseband to same as to Modem Firmware? If it is then - Modem Firmware: 05.15.04 :apple:

6. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

5.13. Was the last one ultrasn0w unlocked without going to the ipad baseband. No it cant be downgraded either. I have read some things they are working on a downgrade but nothing forthcoming so dont wait for it.

The drawback with the ipad 6.15 baseband is most people lose their satalite GPS so read around. But well the phone works so set your priorities.

Also these carrier unlocks for $170 or so on US phones seem to have shut off in the last couple days.