no service help please :]

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Msblackiliner, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Msblackiliner macrumors newbie

hey guys so i have an iphone 3gs 4.1 with i think its refered to as baseband? which is 05.16.02 and i jailbroke it using redsnow and then through cydia i installed ultrasnow but i have no service it keeps saying searching.
    is there any way to fix this?
    thanks

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

3. TC25 macrumors 68020

To OP: Installing the iPad baseband on an iPhone is one of the dumbest things you'll ever do.

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Unless ofcourse it's your only iphone, want to use it as an ipod AND as a foon.

The ipad baseband has some drawbacks; no downgrade available at this time, lose gps function.

Read-up on the subject and decide if you want to/need to do it.

5. TC25 macrumors 68020

What' is a 'foon'?

Everything associated with jb can be undone except installing the iPad baseband on an iPhone. You permanently lose the gps function. You permanently lose the ability to revert the device back to stock. You permanently have to create custom a custom ipsw to upgrade the device.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

I'm sure he meant phone. I post the link in the 1st post just for the info on the iPad base band so ts could read about it 1st. Finding how to install is easy or he could ask after reading. Then deciding for himself. Most people don't know about the difficulties of unlocking iPhones and just presume it's no big deal.