No Service on iPhone 5 A1429 beta 2

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by WarholKills, Jun 19, 2014.

1. WarholKills, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014

WarholKills macrumors newbie

I'm not sure if it's happening to anyone else but on beta 2 after 6 hours of installing it turns into No Service. resetting the network or restarting doesn't work. it only works after being installed again and 6 hours later it happens again. I went back to beta 1 and have no problems with the service

2. navodwickra macrumors 6502

navodwickra

installed it this morning around 4 am, so far so good.

3. mjpuczko macrumors newbie

I've had this exact problem, though I just restored once so i haven't had it happen twice. I got the No Service about 10-12 hrs after installing beta 2. I never had beta 1 installed just clean install of 2. I'm restoring beta 2 right now so I'll see if it happens again.

4. WarholKills thread starter macrumors newbie

I restored 4 times and keeps happening
    my friend on sprint with the 5s says text messages don't work for him

5. mjpuczko macrumors newbie

lovely. if it happens to me again i'm just going back to ios7 until that is fixed. i can deal with random apps crashing but not having service is another thing!

6. WarholKills thread starter macrumors newbie

same

I'm downloading iOS 7 as I type this

7. mjpuczko macrumors newbie

I just checked the apple developer forums and it seems like this is happening to quite a few people. dang!

8. chefmarkwright macrumors newbie

I had the problem two days in a row at the same time both days 8:30 CST. I was able to get it to work by doing a Reset All Setting. That is going to be a pain so rolling back.

9. mjpuczko macrumors newbie

i tried reset all settings that didn't even work.

10. ringo79 macrumors newbie

11. chefmarkwright macrumors newbie

I am going to try having the sim replaced today and see if that resolves the issue with using the beta.

12. ringo79 macrumors newbie

I did a restore of 8b2 and that fixed it.

13. mjpuczko macrumors newbie

see if it lasts though. I've read a few places it will stick for a few hours, then revert back to No Service. I'm on a restored 8b2 and i have service too. If it happens one more time, I'll stay off the beta until an update is released.

14. rritterson macrumors 6502

T-mobile here. Toggling Airplane mode, then force resetting while in airplane mode, then toggling it off worked for me.

15. ringo79 macrumors newbie

It lasted less than a day...I'm going back to beta 1.

16. mjpuczko, Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2014

mjpuczko macrumors newbie

yeah, mine went to no service today. i reset network settings, phone rebooted. still no service. i put in airplane mode then turned off Voice/Data roaming, put out of airplane mode. Immediately had service and it's stuck. That was about 4 hours ago. I think turning off the roaming did the trick. Easier fix than reloading B2

i also just checked the apple developer thread about this and a few people said just turning off International CDMA does the trick.

17. landaire, Jun 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2014

landaire macrumors newbie

Sweet, this worked just fine for me. As soon as I disabled Voice and Data Roaming I got service back. Just to note I have Sprint as well. I wonder if it's related.

18. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

19. mjpuczko macrumors newbie

toggling international CDMA has kinda fixed it. it came back No Service once yesterday but i just rebooted and it's been fine since then.

20. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

cool. international cdma was not an option on my phone, sounds like an american thing :)

21. THTDUDE6 macrumors newbie

Same thing happened to me. I have sprint and I tried toggling airplane mode, resetting network settings, everything.. Still no luck. Downgraded back to 7.1.1. Hopefully beta 3 will have it fixed.

22. vinautomatic macrumors newbie

Same thing happened to me turning off roaming worked, turned roaming back on and turned off International CDMA and so far so good...

23. mjpuczko macrumors newbie

if you do get the No Service again, rebooting the phone keeps working for me. it's annoying but at least it's a temp fix.
    who really wants to make phone calls anyway?

24. doez32 macrumors newbie

This worked for me. 3 days of no service. Thanks.