"No Service" on lockfree 3GS (new bootrom) 4.1

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Harry2o, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Harry2o macrumors newbie

Hi,

three days ago I decided I would finally update from 4.0.1 to 4.1 on my iPhone 3GS (new bootrom) - because I had save blobs I could do so.

- I installed 4.1 via iTunes and locally stored SHSH blobs
    - jailbroke with limera1n
    - installed Cydia and AppSync 4.1
    - restored with iTunes

Things were restored perfectly, apps work, and so on.
    EXCEPT I do not have service.

GSM tells me "No Service", therefore no Edge or 3G connection either. WLAN does work just fine.

This is a lockfree iPhone from Italy, so I don't need any unlockers.
    I tried restarting, re-inserting the SIM-card (which recognizes my PIN correctly), resetting ALL network settings.

I have even installed "Signal" via Cydia, which actually actively restarts commcenter ....

Any ideas?

2. Harry2o thread starter macrumors newbie

Got it working again.

The thing is, after installing the 4.1 firmware with iTunes, (during the Recovery Screen) my SIM will get recognized and iTunes asks to replug the phone. I probably skipped the replugging step (the first time), because after replugging the phone asks for my PIN again and activates the SIM via iTunes ("SIM is now activated").
    I know, y'all don't do this because you want to unlock your phone anyway and hacktivate it - but with my lockfree phone I do need that step.

So, apart from "solving" this, does anybody know whether I could have issued that activation manually without having to reinstall the firmware?

Cheers