no service on my phone since last friday...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by antpod, Jan 31, 2011.

1. antpod macrumors member

antpod

So thursday night my iPhone 3GS decided to randomly turn off at around 12 percent. When trying to turn it back on, it brought up the usb to itunes screen so I then went home to go restore my phone. Everything was fine.

Next morning I get into my car and i noticed no service. I've seen my iphone make this hiccup once before so i went to settings, toggled airplane mode on and off, same with 3G and data and none of it worked. I then shut it down, turned it on, nothing. Reset it, nothing. Went back home to restore it. Nothing. It's been 3 days now. The phone is probably on no service for 22 hours of the day and the other hour it will have service(3G with no bars- 2 bars) randomly for like 10 minute intervals, and the other hour it is "searching"...

I would take the phone to AT&T but my iphone has had a slightly cracked screen for the last 2 years so they probably won't even bother although the screen has nothing to do with it. I'd also get a new iphone but I let my sister use my contract to get an iPhone 4 last year -___-.

Any advice from anyone? :confused:

2. boch82 macrumors 6502

Plug into itunes and do a clean install of the os. Then sync again. If that doesnt solve your issue you can probably assume its hardware based and you would have to go to the apple store.

3. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Try "reset network settings".Settings>general>reset>reset network settings. That may only reset wifi settings, but it sure can't hurt.

4. antpod thread starter macrumors member

antpod

i've tried that. nothing. :/ apple store won't help because screen has been cracked for the last two years
    thanks! that was something i haven't tried yet BUT it still didnt work :| ...

5. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Try turning off 3G. I know that you said that you toggled it, but just turn it off and see if the phone will get an edge signal.