No Service on new iPhone 7

xxray

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2013
Finally bit the bullet on a new iPhone 7 today. Got sim-free. When I powered it up, I had LTE and three bars. Then while going through the setup process, it drops to No Service. And it stays like that. I've tried numerous things. I've tried a hard erase and reset. I've tried turning on and off airplane mode. I've tried resetting network settings. I've even tried a sim card for a different carrier and the same thing happened. I've tried turning off VoLTE. I have latest version of iOS and carrier settings.

Has anyone else had this problem? What can I do?

prettygirlpearl

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2016
I'm having the same issue. Not SIM free though. Glad I'm not alone. New one is supposed to come Tuesday. Hope the new one acts right!

xotigu

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2014
Finally bit the bullet on a new iPhone 7 today. Got sim-free. When I powered it up, I had LTE and three bars. Then while going through the setup process, it drops to No Service. And it stays like that. I've tried numerous things. I've tried a hard erase and reset. I've tried turning on and off airplane mode. I've tried resetting network settings. I've even tried a sim card for a different carrier and the same thing happened. I've tried turning off VoLTE. I have latest version of iOS and carrier settings.

Has anyone else had this problem? What can I do?
Where did you buy your unit?

KillaMac

Suspended
May 25, 2013
My last 7 plus did this. It was the sim card not seating correctly. I tried it a few times till it got in the right spot.