Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Luriden

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
I'm running out of ideas.

I got myself an AT&T iPhone 3GS yesterday. I have T-Mobile. I've jailbroken it with redsn0w, installed p0sixspwn to untether it, and ultrasn0w. I'm on 6.1.3. I WAS on 05.13.04 and was getting a No Service message with 3G turned off, Airplane Mode switched on and off several times, and resetting the network settings. After more Googling, I read that only 06.15.00 works on 6.1.3, so I flashed to that and I'm having the same problem.

Is there anything else I'm missing? I've put almost 12 hours into this total, and the problem is every time I do research, I get different answers about what firmware and baseband I should be on. I'm currently on 6.1.3 untethered with p0sixspwn running ultrasn0w 1.2.8 and 06.15.00 baseband.

I don't know if this means anything, but it does show T-Mobile as my carrier in my settings. It says T-Mobile 14.2.

YF.TAKEOVER

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2014
Same problem

I'm running out of ideas.

I got myself an AT&T iPhone 3GS yesterday. I have T-Mobile. I've jailbroken it with redsn0w, installed p0sixspwn to untether it, and ultrasn0w. I'm on 6.1.3. I WAS on 05.13.04 and was getting a No Service message with 3G turned off, Airplane Mode switched on and off several times, and resetting the network settings. After more Googling, I read that only 06.15.00 works on 6.1.3, so I flashed to that and I'm having the same problem.

Is there anything else I'm missing? I've put almost 12 hours into this total, and the problem is every time I do research, I get different answers about what firmware and baseband I should be on. I'm currently on 6.1.3 untethered with p0sixspwn running ultrasn0w 1.2.8 and 06.15.00 baseband.

I don't know if this means anything, but it does show T-Mobile as my carrier in my settings. It says T-Mobile 14.2.

I did that too and got the same T-Mobile 14.2 .:mad:
The only thing I didn't do was install p0sixspwn .
The steps I took were from here
: http://www.sinfuliphone.com/showthread.php?t=10023734
~~~REMOVE SIM CARD~~~
1.) Start fresh from 6.1.3 restore with ITunes
2.) Download IOS 6.0 restore file and redsnow 0.9.15b3
3.) Checked compatibility . I have a new bootrom .
4.) Run redsnow 0.9.15b3 as an administrator
5.) Go to Extras > Select IPSW , and chose the 6.0 file
6.) Went through and Jailbroke with Install Cydia and Ipad BB selected
7.) When I clicked back, it automatically went back to Extras so I selected ipsw and went into just boot .(Yes I got confirmation pop-ups each time:)
8.) Went through and setup Iphone and DISABLED LOCATION!!!
9.) Went back to redsnow , selected ipsw after clicking back, went to jailbreak , and deselected all options and all the was selected was downgrade Ipad bb.
10.) Went back , selected ipsw , and went into just boot.
11.) Went to settings to check for BB after boot. Then went to Cydia , ignored upgrades . It also didn't have any errors with anything up until this point.
12.) Went to searched and searched ultrasnow . Installed it and respringed. I then was sent back to lockscreen so I inserted my sim and went to Settings > General .
13.) At first I looked where it said Tmobile 14.2 , and at first it said "Carrier 12.0"
14.) After 3-5 minutes it popped up with updating carrier setting or whatever .
15.) Tmobile 14.2 , but No Service?

It has the phone number listed , and all tmobile settings applied.
Even 611 was listed in the System Settings?
I don't know what to do anymore .:confused:

YF.TAKEOVER

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2014
I got it

I did a bit of exploration and BOOM! If you go to I think It is Cellular in Settings right below general? Anyways , switch that off and after 1 minutes you should see ATT! :D:D

Haha, I know I'm not supposed to be proud but at least I have a piece of information that might help.

So I clicked it and I don't remember what it said but it was having to do with it was expired or no longer available. So confirmed with pressing OK. After that it had ATT checked. So clearly, we have Tmobile sim cards reading correctly so it is unlocked. The problem is it wants to read as ATT for some odd reason. I wish there were more people to this thread. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.