No Service on Unlocked iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by amnichols10, Jan 6, 2011.

1. amnichols10 macrumors regular

I have a factory unlocked iPhone 4 that I use with various SIMs around the world. Recently my phone just started showing "no service". I went to the phone company and they didn't know why it said that. Tried other SIM cards and the phone is still unlocked, but I don't know what is going on.

I don't think that it has anything to do with the phone itself, but I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else before and if so what did they do to fix it.

Any suggestions/advice is good. Thx

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Are you sure your iPhone is factory unlocked?

3. amnichols10 thread starter macrumors regular

Defenitely factory unlocked. But it's a problem with the phone company and not the phone itself. Thanks for replying.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sounds like a problem with that particular sim maybe its deactivated.

5. amnichols10 thread starter macrumors regular

That is exactly what happened. Not there is a whole new set of problem with that perticular phone company

6. charlesbronsen macrumors 6502a

charlesbronsen

I got that message with my unlocked phone when i turned off 3g in sbsettings by accident...

7. funtoosh macrumors newbie

Never had any such issue with my factory unlocked iphone 4, but just try other company sim if shows service or not, may be your imei is banned?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

8. ept111 macrumors newbie

same issue here

I also got a factory unlocked iPhone 3GS, and last week, after hitting the 3G icon on SBsettings the phone stopped working and displays the NO SERVICE message. I tried with 2 different sim cards from two carriers and nothing. Did a complete factory restore with ios 4.2.1 and phone functionality is still dead.

Anyone, help please....

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

does it say your phone in unlocked in Itunes?

[​IMG]

10. ssdeg7 macrumors 6502a

ssdeg7

11. ept111 macrumors newbie

unlocked or not?

In my country, by law, all the phones must be unlocked. At least for the 3 cellular companies we got here. How do you get that "unlocked screen"?