"no service" or searching

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rabhimself81, Apr 11, 2010.

1. rabhimself81 macrumors newbie

so i got an iphone from a buddy of mine. i put my sim card from my other phone in and get no service. turns out i need a iphone code on my account. so i go to the att store guy puts the code in and hooks me up with a new sim card. so i go home sync up with itunes and nothing comes up in the way of registering of activating. so i just left my sim card in the iphone and while playing an app i get a messgae on the iphone saying "iphone has activated". so a min after that shows up i get full bars and 3g then bam its gone. wifi worked for a few mins then again bam gone. anybody have any idea on what to do? ive tried airplane mode, turning off 3g, restaring the iphone, turning off the iphone and turning it back on. and yes it worked when my buddy had it.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Did you do a full restore registering it to yourself??

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Have you tried resetting the Network Settings?

4. rabhimself81 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes i have done a full restore multiple times. and whenever i connect the iphone to itunes it never shows anything in the way of registering

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

After the restore process, the phone gets activated through iTunes. If not, there's a problem with the sim. Go back to or call AT&T and find out what's up.

6. rabhimself81 thread starter macrumors newbie

alright now i got a new sim card and restored it and it worked for a little bit then went away. and it kept coming and going and so on. i tried airplane mode it worked once then not anymore. dont what is going with the phone. its ****ing with my head

7. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

Maybe the AT&T service in your area isn't very good so you lose connection.

8. rabhimself81 thread starter macrumors newbie

if i put my sim card in my other phone i get full bars with 3g.