No service outside UK

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Theduke25, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Theduke25 macrumors newbie

Hi All, I am new to the IPhone having got one via a hand me down from my Daughter. Its been Jailbroken (Cydia) to become network free, it has a Vigin SIM card. It work great in the UK but will not work abroad in the USA or Europe. Wi-Fi still works ok but no phone service, it finds the carriers but then reports its lost the network connection. Can anyone help please.

Phone details

IPhone 3GS
    Version 4.1
    Model 132B
    IMEI 01 276200 257145 4

2. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

you must have international roaming turned on your plan or else the phone wont work abroad. Check with your carrier and see if you have international roaming on. I have mine turned off so I don't get butt raped when I go overseas and the phone connects to a local network and I get an influx of emails, phone calls etc.

3. Theduke25 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

I did log onto my account with my service provider which stated that my roaming was enabled but not sure if thats the same as International Roaming, I will have to check with them in person me thinks. Anyhow thanks for the reply.

4. Theduke25 thread starter macrumors newbie

My service provider confirmed that my International Roaming was enabled so am back to thinking its something to do with the Jailbreaking of the phone. If I restore my phone back to factory original will it go back to the original network it was bought on?

5. rachinesafire macrumors newbie

I think your international roaming facility is not available there so check it first and I would like to suggest you if you are going to have an online business such as online betting on your iphone then don’t do it prior to go on roaming.