No Service Pack 2 when i install windows

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by TJElias, Sep 2, 2008.

1. TJElias macrumors newbie

ok so i've installed windows twice now and got the same problem both times. After I install it and i go to put the mac disc in, once its in it says it needs service pack 2 to continue, how am i supposed to get service pack 2 with out the internet? I've searched for a burnable version but i cant, im unable to find a copy that will work. I tried sp 3 but it says i need sp1 to install it and i tried sp1 which microsoft has taken down the website for and the one version i could find needs the internet to install. Anybody have an idea on what to do?

2. TJElias thread starter macrumors newbie

wow i think i came across that one, but the network installation thing may have made me think it was the wrong one. if this works i will be ecstatic :D

thanks alot in advance, cause im sure this is all i need

3. MasterNile macrumors 65816

MasterNile

I do believe you have to slipstream windows xp sp2 and the windows install disk into one disk, I don't believe you can upgrade bootcamp windows xp to sp2, you have to install it has xp sp2 to begin with (I may be wrong, but when I installed XP that's how it was, so if they haven't updated that then it should be the same), if you do have a windows machine with a burner i recommend nLite, if not just google how to slipstream sp2

4. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

If you look up slip streaming - you can actually add SP2 and or SP3 to your XP disc if you want to save yourself some hassle (more useful for a PC, but still cuts out some updates to do on windows on a Mac).

5. TJElias thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah that actually didnt work, it said i needed 4mb of additional space no matter where i tried to install it from, im now gonna try this slipstreaming and if it doesnt work i dont know what will

thanks for the help

6. TJElias thread starter macrumors newbie

so my macbook isnt recognizing the new nlite disc as a windows instalation disc?? anyhelp with this problem?