No Service?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AustinD, Aug 26, 2008.

1. AustinD macrumors regular

After school I went to football practice and set my phone and books and what not in my truck. Well, from after football till now it says no service. whats the deal?

dont know if it matters, but its florida, and im sure the inside of my truck got very hot.

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

3. AustinD thread starter macrumors regular

you have got to be shiiting me. is there any way to save my contacts and stuff?

EDIT: oh thank goodness, its fine now. so glad i didnt reboot

4. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

reboot means turning it off and then back on

restore means to wipe everything off ;)

5. AustinD thread starter macrumors regular

yeahhhhhh..... uhm, i was testing you.

you aced it, great job.

6. AustinD thread starter macrumors regular

darn, its back to being no serviced out.

it worked fine, and then when i went to send a text it sent, then crapped out.

7. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Do you have AppleCare on it? You may have fried it.

8. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

welcome to the iphone 3G. Toggle airplane mode on/off.

9. edstace macrumors newbie

Same problem in Florida

Where do you live in Florida? I just got my 3G two days ago and it constantly goes in and out of service. I can go a mere 2 miles down the road and have adequate reception; however, it still fluctuates. It seems to be sporadic in pockets all over the county. I am not complaining about 3G since I live in the backwoods (Crawfordville, south of Tallahassee) and 3G is not available here. The AT&T coverage map states my area should receive "good" coverage. Fine for me since I don't make too many calls. On my old Nokia I received decent service with no dropped calls. Hopefully whatever fixes Apple have in mind for 3G will fix Edge reception as well. :confused:

10. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Ahh 3G woes. Makes me glad I have the original iPhone.

11. AustinD thread starter macrumors regular

I could understand your problem since you live in a rural area. But i live in brevard county, melbourne to be specific(about where Fay camped out and flooded), which is very urban and up to this point i have had near full reception wherever i go.

side note, i didnt watch fay as it went back west across the state, but hows everything up in the panhandle?

12. edstace macrumors newbie

Rain and more rain...

I could understand it as well if my 4 year old Nokia had the same reception issues. At least I can listen to my music and play Super Monkey Ball on my new shiney pretty pretty.

Fay dumped a lot of rain over the area. Yesterday, a neighborhood 6 miles from me, was ordered to evacuate due to a river rising 5 ft. over flood stage. I just moved here 3 weeks ago from Tennessee and got to experience my first tropical storm. Watching out for Gustav right now! :eek: