No Shipping from Apple.com?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RKilbane20, Jun 15, 2010.

1. RKilbane20 macrumors 6502a

I got through the entire process but It doesnt give me the option to have shipping. only in store pick up. anybody else have this problem?

2. Kavier macrumors 6502a

Kavier

I did, and I have seen some similar posts about this same issue. I am going to keep trying to order online for delivery.

3. Bodhi395 macrumors 6502a

I had the opposite problem at ATT.com. I tried to preorder for in-store pickup and the only option was to have it shipped to your home.

4. RKilbane20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I hit reserve in store pickup but im still gonna try to get though and get shipping. How do you cancel your reservation?

5. Mademan12321 macrumors 6502

I just ordered it from AT&T so I can get to bed. I tried all night to get on apples site. I would get to the shipping or store option, then OOPS, OOPS, and well be back shortly mess. AT&T does the same method, overnight shipping with FedEx so I perfectly happy. As long as I am playing with the iPhone by Saturday then life is good. :D

6. TeamDNA macrumors 6502

the add to cart option IS for home delivery ..

7. r2b2007 macrumors regular

Same problem started at 4 gave up at 4:45 and took the reserve option.

8. RKilbane20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just got my reservation emial. IDK if I can pick it up if im not the authorized user or whatever.

9. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Did you have the "Add to Cart" option? If not, this usually means you were doing something that is not supported online such as adding a line to an existing contract.

See #8 in the Upgrade Guide.

10. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Dunno if it's the same this year, but that was the only delivery option for AT&T last summer. If you ordered online, you HAD to have it delivered to your home. And there was no way to cancel. Their "cancellation method" was to wait to have it delivered and then refuse delivery, which is ridiculous, but there it is.

11. RKilbane20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That wasnt even there. It just said you have to make an appointment to fix this problem blah blah blah. then there was only reserve at store.

12. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Were you adding a line, starting a new contract or what???

13. RKilbane20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Im selecting "replace a phone on my account with a new iphone" I did all this last year with the 3GS last year idk why its having problems now. Probably because of the servers so screwed up

14. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Bill up to date? FAN account? (I'm reaching here...)

15. ttech10 macrumors 6502

Did everything actually process or did you have an error?

Multiple times it couldn't connect to AT&T's servers and gave me the option to pick up at an Apple Store.

If they do successfully connect to AT&T's servers then the option to Add to Cart shows up.

EDIT: I guess taking a picture of every screen helped, haha. Here's what it looked like when it gave me the choice to Add to Cart.

[​IMG]

16. RKilbane20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think this is what it is. It kept saying there was some error and only gave me in store pick up. Ill just keep trying a little later when this is all calmed down. At least I still got one for in store pick.

17. ClemTiger0408 macrumors 6502

I'm having this problem as well. I do have a FAN account, but I dunno if that's the problem or not.

I'll try again later.

18. Mosco macrumors regular

FYI about your #8. When the iphone 3gs came out, I called every apple store in the state of MA, and none of them would let me get a 3gs without being the primary account holder.

i would call the store to ask them. When I called one store before the launch date, they said it was fine, and then i called them 2 days after launch and they said the policy had changed.

19. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

The only reason we added that is that some people on here did go to the Apple store and pick theirs up w/ nothing more than the last 4 of the SSN.

I think it's a longshot and nobody should count on it.

20. ttech10 macrumors 6502

Yea I had to go through about 3 variations of that page before I finally got everything sent correctly and I got the 'Add to Cart' option.

21. RKilbane20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah everything on the Left for shipping was not showing up on my screen. it just said make an appointment with Apple to fix this problem. Ok so i no it wasnt me just being retarded

22. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Best explanation I heard was that it didn't properly connect to get your account data. I'd try again.

23. RKilbane20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i have been since 7:30

24. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I'd say come back later in the day or tomorrow. There's no need to rush here.